Saturday, November 17, 2007

One Week Home

We have been home a week now and are starting to settle in to our routine.
Grandma Emmitt spend two nights and two days with us and helped a ton!

We had an appointment with the pediatrician and cardiologist this week. Daniel’s feeding tube is out now, hopefully for good! He is taking his bottle well and the pediatrician has given me the green light to nurse Daniel for half of the feedings.

The cardiologist thought that his heart looked pretty good, but wanted to keep Daniel on oxygen for at least another month. So, we got one tube out of his nose this week. Going to the cardiologist brought me back to reality – the reality that Daniel will always have heart disease. The problems he was born with have been repaired, but there will always be the possibility of further complications. I pray that I won’t be that overprotection Mom, the one always worried about every little move. But, for now, it is tough for me to take my eyes off from him.

He started smiling this week. I know most people say that when babies smile they are just passing gas – but on Daniel it looks like he is really thinking some happy thought. I think he might have at least one dimple too!

Here are some more pictures for your enjoyment!

1 comment:

Erin Jongekrijg said...

I didn't think it was possible but he gets more and more beautiful with each round of pictures! I am so glad that things are going so well! He is one strong little boy!We will continue to pray for recovery and a blessed holiday with much to be thankful for!