Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Good Health

Good health is not something to be taken for granted. All winter I was obsessed with washing my hands. I was determined not to get sick. The weather gets nice and I let my guard down and end up with the flu! I had a fever of more than 102 for four days! The most amazing thing happened though, or I guess I should say didn’t happen – Daniel did not get sick! I nursed him through my whole sickness, but he stayed healthy.

We had an appointment with the cardiologist today. Daniel was 14 lbs 6oz and 25 ½ inches long. He had an ECHO done of his heart and he squirmed through the whole thing. The doctor said that he still had high blood pressure in his lungs and some issues with a couple of valves, but overall Daniel is doing really well! We don’t have to go back to the cardiologist until after Daniel’s first birthday!

We made a friend while in the waiting room. His name was Joshua and he was 4 years old. Andy showed him Daniel’s scar and Joshua had one to match. His mom told us that they found out when Joshua was 3 years old that he had a heart murmur. Joshua had coarctation of the aorta – just like Daniel. Andy asked Joshua what his favorite sport was and he said, without hesitating, that had to ask Jesus when he gets to heaven (it was so cute!).

It was Aunt Sarah’s birthday today. We went out to Chili’s last night for dinner. It was a bit too late for Daniel. He is currently fighting sleep as I type this – letting him “cry it out” gets tougher as he learns how to scream! Yes, the cutest baby ever does cry and scream – right now he is doing both very well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that things are going well! I love the black and white photos!! Hopefully our families can try to get together sometime so we can all meet your little man!
Take Care,
Kelley Almy (Donker)