Tuesday, December 2, 2008

He's 13 months and I'm 17 Weeks



The Emmitt family is doing well!

Daniel’s birthday was great – he didn’t quite understand the cake and all he could do to it the first time, so we celebrated twice :D


He had his Cardiologist appointment a few weeks ago. The doctor told me that he looks great and from the EKG results, he didn’t think that there had been much of a change in the past six months. He could still hear his heart murmur, but didn’t think it was necessary to do an ECHO. We will go back in April for another check up.

The Pediatrician appointment was much the same.
Weight: 19 lbs 14 oz
Height: 29 ½ inches
Head: Huge! (90th percentile)
The doctor ordered another round of RSV shots for Daniel this winter. Downside, he will have to get a shot every month. Upside, he will be more protected from contracting RSV. Overall, he thought that Daniel was doing really well! We go back in February for his 15 month shots.


Daniel is just starting to get brave enough to take some steps on his own – I believe that 7 or 8 steps are the record so far. He can do it, he just needs a little more courage!

Food… oh, my once wonderful eater that would eat anything we feed him is now being picky. We’ll keep pushing the veggies, but its tough not to laugh when he just opens his mouth and lets them fall out. Laura is going to get fat! I can’t imagine feeding a toddler without a dog below!!


Baby Emmitt #2 seems to be doing great so far. The ultrasound pictures in the post below were taken when I was 11 weeks 6 days. I had the first trimester quad screen done to test for Downs and the Trisomies - tests I had done via amino after Daniel’s heart condition was discovered. This time I just had to have some blood squeezed out of my finger and the ultrasound done. The test results were negative – things looking good so far!

I had morning sickness for about a month, but am now in my 4th month and feeling really good. I’ve really “popped” and almost look pregnant and not just fat :D

I’ve had a lot of personal struggles with the issue of giving birth this time around. I’ve done a lot of research on VBACs and feel that if this baby is 100% healthy, that is the route I will take. This requires me finding a new OB and new hospital, which I will do after our big ultrasound.

I’ve been seeing the OB I had at the beginning of my pregnancy with Daniel and will see her one more time tomorrow. We will then schedule my big ultrasound with the high risk doctor I saw in Grand Rapids during the second half of my pregnancy with Daniel.

I will update the blog with any news. Please continue to pray for us and baby 2!

No comments: