Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


No surprise, this is my best Mother’s Day ever! Daniel is such a blessing! After two years of infertility, tests and treatments, God gave us charge of this little person.

First, an update on Josh – his unit has moved!! They are out of imminent danger and are getting some much needed rest. He has been on the phone all weekend and sounds so much better. Thank you so much for your prayers.

Last week Tuesday, I took Daniel to vote with me. There were three ladies working in the precinct and I was the only voter there at the time. None of them said a word to me about Daniel – didn’t even acknowledge him. An hour later, Andy took him to the same precinct and all three women gushed over him! So a lesson to all us women – gush over the baby when it’s with Mommy too! :D

It was a very busy, but very fun weekend! Andy ran the Riverbank Run (15.5 miles!) on Saturday. Daniel and I went out to support him.

That night we drove to Lansing for a party for Jessie. She graduated from law school! We met so many people that said that they had been watching this blog and praying for us. It was great! However, Daniel is at this point where he cries when he goes into the arms of people he doesn’t know. I don’t want him to be that way – I want everyone to be able to enjoy holding him and hugging him!

Today was great, except Daniel woke up at 6:02 am… I like 7:00 am. But, it gave me a couple more hours before church to play with my baby and get pampered by my hubby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pampered? Is that what the cool kids call it these days?

Anonymous said...

Beth, I'm so glad blogs exist now. So much easier than keeping up a baby book! Hopefully you're backing it up so you have a copy in case your computer crashes like mine did.

I keep up with you through Grandma Kilgore at church. She's so proud! Keep raising Daniel to love Jesus